Please note that some questions and comments may not be suitable for this public page. Please read the Question/Comment Submission Rules thoroughly before submitting a question or comment to this site.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Superintendent salary increase?

Question: Guess I'm confused. I thought that I read in the newspaper that the Superintendent and Business manager had given up their pay increases this year since the school is having such financial difficulty. I know that, unfortunately, the teachers felt they should take their increases but I was happy that someone was looking out for our kids. My husband and I aren't getting increases this year, must be nice to have a union that only cares about themselves and not those they are suppose to be teaching. I am seriously thinking of changing my yes vote to a no vote. I am disappointed that the superintendent didn't stick to his word. Then again I was taught that you honor your word. I would have had more respect if he had just said he was taking it in the first place instead of making a statement saying he wasn't going to.

Answer: To the best of our knowledge, neither the superintendent nor the business administrator were ever knowingly quoted in the paper or in any school district publication saying they would be taking a pay freeze for the 2011-12 school year. However, information about previous freezes they have taken have been published.
-answered by Stephen Tomlinson, District Superintendent

No comments:

Post a Comment