Please note that some questions and comments may not be suitable for this public page. Please read the Question/Comment Submission Rules thoroughly before submitting a question or comment to this site.

Monday, April 13, 2015

Opting out of state tests

Question: I have been sitting here on spring break watching my third grader get so frustrated and upset trying to work through the math packet he brought home to practice. Day after day I see him struggle to work through questions that have simple answers but he is required to do several steps to accomplish that make no sense to me. I don't believe it is good or healthy for my child to feel so much stress and borderline panic over the upcoming tests. My question is, is it possible to opt my child out of the testing and how do I do so? Thank you.

Answer: Please contact your child's principal, Mr. Casey, at 954-2750. He will be able to answer your question.
- answered by Stephen Tomlinson, superintendent of schools

No comments:

Post a Comment